RealT and MakerDAO

Hello,

After, I saw this news: DeFi 2.0 — First Real World Loan is Financed on Maker | by Lea Schmitt | Centrifuge | Apr, 2021 | Medium

I am a idea. I imagine the posibility to put some RealT token in collateral in MakerDAO to create some DAI tokens.

It’s usefull for MakerDAO, DAI is more stable with RealT token, because the price of RealT token is less volatile than ETH for example and RealT tokens holders can create DAI to buy something, and we continue to receive rent… for exemple to refund MakerDAO loan…

I don’t know if it’s possible with actual law or whitelisting… but it will fun…
What do you think about this?

5 Likes

Interesting point of view.

This feature is planned :sunglasses: A partnership with Aave was announced a few months ago.
PS : This will be INSANE.

AAVE is a little be different than MakerDAO

This would definitely be amazing

The best way to do that would be to create an SPV of many properties where RealtT investors would invest in the equity (like they do actually in a property by property case) but with MakerDAO providing a credit line to provide leverage to RealT investors (those invested in this product at least).

Providing the individual token to be used as collateral will be quite complicated.

1 Like

@Sebastien - why do you think providing the individual token as collateral would be complicated?